Elizabeth McGeown is a Member of the Sword Forge Collective 2022 – 2023.
Elizabeth McGeown is a Pushcart-nominated poet from Belfast in Northern Ireland. She is the current UK slam champion and will compete at the World Cup of Slam in Paris in 2022.
She has work published or forthcoming in journals including Banshee, Abridged and Under the Radar. Performance highlights include Electric Picnic, Body & Soul, Lingofest, the Edinburgh Fringe and Loud Poets. She was funded by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and University of Atypical to write her first full-length spoken word show and debut collection ‘Cockroach’, which will be published by Verve Poetry Press in summer 2022.
- U.K. Slam Champion 2022 (Farrago Poetry)
- Three-time All-Ulster/Northern Ireland Poetry Slam Champion
- Four-time All-Ireland Slam finalist
- Competing member of winning team (University of Birmingham) at UniSlam 2022
- Represented Northern Ireland in the Hammer & Tongue UK Slam Championships 2019 and 2021 (when she came joint third with Kathryn O’Driscoll)
- Hammer & Tongue Cambridge Champion 2021
- Longlisted in the Saboteur Awards 2021 for ‘Best Spoken Word Performer’
- Longlisted in the Saboteur Awards 2022 for ‘Best Spoken Word Performer’
- Longlisted for Best Collaborative Work (for their participation in The CandleLit Sessions) in the Saboteur Awards 2022.
- Winner of the Belfast Book Festival Slam 2021
- Winner of the Cúirt International Festival of Literature: Spoken Word Platform 2019
- Winner of the Cursed Murphy Spoken Word Prize 2019
- Arts Council Northern Ireland and University of Atypical funded
BOOKINGS / CONTACT ELIZABETH