Beth Calverley (The Poetry Machine) is a Member of the Sword Forge Collective 2022 – 2023.
Beth Calverley is a poet, creative coach and founder of The Poetry Machine. Her poetry lives and breathes, holding your hand through crisp emotional landscapes.
Beth co-creates poems with people via her supportive practice, The Poetry Machine. She collaborates with places of work, learning, care and play, helping people to express what matters to them most.
Beth has performed at iconic venues such as Birmingham Hippodrome, Bristol Old Vic and London Roundhouse. She has worked with the BBC, Sky, Oh Magazine and The Prince’s Trust, among many other brilliant local and national organisations.
- Debut Collection Brave Faces and Other Smiles published by Verve Poetry Press.
- Co Producer of Milk Poetry, a nurturing platform for spoken word.
- Part of House of Figs, a music and poetry duo.
- Click here to see some of Beth’s features in the news.
- Poet in Residence at UH Bristol & Weston NHS Foundation Trust.
- Published in These Are The Hands, the NHS anthology endorsed by Stephen Fry and Michael Rosen.
- Bristol Life Awards Arts Finalist 2020.
- Roundhouse Slam Finalist 2018.
- Rife Magazine’s 2018 Influential Young People in Bristol.
- Featured on BBC Upload.
- Featured on People’s Poetry Podcast. [ listen here ]
BOOKINGS / CONTACT BETH